Public Relations Account Coordinator
NOTE: THIS POSITION IS CURRENTLY CLOSED.
Are you ready to jump into the PR field? Want to work with a variety of industries and marketing tactics? Do you have the passion to craft thoughtful, strategic content? Are you driven to learn new things?
This entry-level position supports Account Associates, Account Executives and Account Managers on a variety of accounts, learning the PR trade and helping with administrative tasks, such as researching media lists, speaking engagement opportunities, reception duties, etc.
In general, this position requires:
- A detail-oriented, organized person who keeps excellent records and files and needs a minimal amount of supervision.
- An excellent understanding of the rules of English grammar and usage – and the ability to write and speak clearly, concisely and convincingly.
- An analytically inclined person who has a knack for understanding data and how to apply it to solve problems.
- A fast learner with a persuasive personality.
Specific job responsibilities:
- Handle day-to-day administrative activities as needed.
- Gather and analyze background information.
- Assist with event logistics.
- Monitor client coverage and clip media placements
- Write PR and marketing content (press releases, blog posts, brochures, ads, newsletters, emails, etc.) under the direction of an account executive.
- Pitch and follow up with news media as required, under the direction of an account executive.
- Post comments to social media sites on behalf of clients, under the direction of an account executive.
- Analyze marketing data, statistics and trends.
- Set up speaking engagements and follow through to assure that the speaker has what he or she needs and knows the details of the engagement.
- Answer phones and receive visitors as needed.
- Assist with office events and office management.
- Proofread copy.
- Maintain orderly files.
- At least one internship or position in public relations or media.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills.
- Ability to multi-task a number of different account requirements and deliver results under pressure.
- Knowledge of AP style.
- Mastery of MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and social media. Coding and scripting knowledge would be a plus, as would proficiency in design and layout programs — InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, etc.
- Experience with CisionPoint or other PR platforms highly desirable.
Learn more about the Bradford Group and how we hire by reading these blog posts:
- Traits of an Amazing Employee
- Calling All Hyper-Organized, PR-Loving Job Seekers
- Why we want you to come work with us
- Why we include the “it” factor in hiring
- Why the Bradford Group loves Millennials
- Why We Hire Smart PR and Marketing Pros
Interested in applying? Send us your info!
Already have a year or so of PR agency or media experience? Check out our Account Associate position.
Also, check out our Facebook page for company celebrations and news. While you are there, Like us!