Public Relations Intern
Are you a smart, creative, organized student or recent graduate? Can you effectively and persuasively write and communicate? Interested in practicing results-oriented creativity? We want to hear from you!
Our internship program offers college juniors and seniors and recent graduates an opportunity to gain on-the-ground experience in the fast-paced world of integrated public relations and marketing.
Interns actively participate in the life of the agency and are involved in writing, media relations, PR valuations and social media – producing real work under the guidance of agency professionals. Your portfolio will grow in quantity and quality during your time here.
In general, this position requires:
- A fast learner who can quickly acquire knowledge and understand how it can be applied to advance our clients’ interests
- An excellent understanding the rules of English grammar and usage and AP/journalistic style
- A detail-oriented, organized person who can carry out assigned duties on task and on time
- An independent thinker that can contribute and generate new ideas
- Experience in social media and various online tools
Specific job responsibilities:
- Visiting media outlets (print and online) to check for client media hits; reporting findings to account executive
- Creating social media calendars and updating social media for designated clients
- Checking social media for interactions; reporting findings to account executive
- Making follow up calls for various media pitches
- Writing copy for inbound marketing campaigns
- Writing first drafts of blogs and press releases
- Assisting with award nominations
- Conducting research and analysis as needed for marketing and public relations
- Filing publications in the media library
- Clipping media hits and logging PR valuations into clients’ media
- Keeping publication library organized
A limited number of internships are available per semester. Our fall and spring internships require at least 15 hours/week. Summer internships are full-time for at least two months. We offer a stipend upon completion of a successful internship. We can also work with your school for class credit.
Learn more about the Bradford Group and our interns by reading these blog posts:
- How to Land a Nashville PR Internship
- Standing Out as a PR Intern
- Intern Life at the Bradford Group
- Internships Fueled by PR, Not Coffee Runs
- Traits of an Amazing Employee
- Why the Bradford Group loves Millennials
Interested in applying for Spring 2017? Send us your resume and cover letter by Nov. 30!